Monday, May 12, 2008

The Most Underrated State, Missouri

I've decided that Missouri gets a bad rap. I have really liked the state. Its much more populated than I thought, with many small, fun towns. It is also very green with nice rolling hills. St. Louis is also much nicer than I thought it would be. We're staying at the Wash U Medical Center.
Today was a short and easy ride. We did get lost for the 3rd time in 3 days. Here Anuj is getting directions from a local farmer. My favorite part of the whole thing was when the guy came over to us and asked "Hey, don't you all have a GPS?" Not at all the response I was expecting.

Greenery and trees are a nice change. We had an event at a local high school for a college bound program. The students were a lot of fun. As a gift they gave us a book of essays that they had written.

I forgot to write about this yesterday - Dogs - especially for Christina and Tracey. I had my second big dog charge yesterday. I was riding along and saw a large dog running at the riders in front of me. When he didn't get them, he turned to me. I thought I was going to have issues, but when he ran toward me, I squirted my water bottle in his face and that calmed him down.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Bobby! We just got back from Ghana so Im just now catching up with your bloggin adventures....I can't believe you were right down the road from my sis's house. She's walking distance from WASH U medical school...oh, well... Can't wait to see you soon!