Friday, May 2, 2008

Kansas Wind


I forgot to mention yesterday how flat Easter Colorado is. Lots of nothing for a long time, but for some reason there are a lot of fences. Not really sure what they are keeping in or out.
My favorite part of yesterday was when a giant tumbleweed got caught in my tire while riding. This is actually from today when yet another tumbleweed got caught.
We entered Kansas today about 40some miles into our day, but we ended up not riding. There were crazy winds which really picked up during our lunch break. The rest of today's ride was called off because of the potential danger of riding in such high winds. And when I say winds, I mean serious winds that almost knock you over when standing still. Maybe the only time I've felt such winds are in hurricane type storms.
When we got to the town of Leoti, KS where we are staying we went to the Museum of the Great Plains. They had this list of rules for teachers from 1915 - thought all you teachers would appreciate this.

No comments: